As you will be aware, we are currently upgrading our gas network in Station Road, which is Phase One of our work in Woldingham. This phase is progressing well, and we expect to complete all our work on Station Road by late November as planned.
We have been working closely with Surrey County Council, the local resident’s association and other key stakeholders to plan Phase Two of our work in Woldingham to ensure we minimise disruption to the local community. At this time we are unable to give exact start dates as these are dependent on the progress of our work on Station Road, however over the coming months we will have three teams working in Park View Road, Southdown Road, Lunghurst Road and Southfield Road as follows:
Park View Road – Approximately 21 weeks
- We plan to start our work on Park View Road in mid-July and last for approximately 21 weeks
- Our engineers will start at the southern end of Park View Road at its junction with Station Road and progress in sections to its junction with Southdown Road
- We are planning to complete this work using ‘Give and Take’ traffic management, however if at any time it is not safe to maintain this we may need to install a temporary road closure around our work area. Should this happen a signed diversion will be put in place for motorists.
Southdown Road – Approximately five weeks
- Following on from our work in Park View Road, Team one will begin work in Southdown Road for approximately five weeks.
- We are also planning to complete this work using ‘Give and Take’ traffic management, however if at any time it is not safe to maintain this we may need to install a temporary road closure around our work area. Should this happen a signed diversion will be put in place for motorists.
Lunghurst Road – Approximately 26 weeks
- Team two will begin our work on Lunghurst Road once all our work on Station Road has been completed
- We expect our work on Lunghurst Road to last approximately 26 weeks
- We will start at the junction of Halliloo Valley Road and work south towards the junction of Slines Oak Road in 100m sections
- For everyone’s safety we need to install a temporary road closure around our work area, this will move with us as we progress. Signed diversions will be in place for motorists and access will be maintained for pedestrians.
Southfield Road – Approximately 16 weeks
- Team three will begin our work on Southfield Road once all our work on Station Road has been completed
- We expect our work on Southfield Road to last approximately 16 weeks
- We are planning to complete this work using ‘Give and Take’ traffic management, however we may need to install temporary multi-way traffic lights around our work area at times to ensure everyone’s safety and maintain traffic flow.
Our engineers will be working extended hours Monday to Friday between 8am and 6pm and on Saturdays between 8am and 4pm to carry out reinstatement as required. We are mindful of those people who live in the area and will try to minimise noisy activities where possible.
In consultation with Surrey County Council we have decided to postpone our work on Northdown Road. We do not want to carry out this work through the winter when weather conditions may cause additional disruption due to the traffic management required to safely carry out this work. I will share details of our work on Northdown Road with you once we have confirmed a plan.
We understand that people can get frustrated by roadworks. However, the new plastic pipe has a minimum lifespan of 80 years. This means that when the work is complete, Woldingham residents and businesses will continue to enjoy the benefits of a safe and reliable gas supply for years to come.
More information, our project map and project updates can be found in the attached leaflet and on our dedicated project page at: http://bit.ly/2TErCQ9
Please share this information with anyone you think may be impacted by our work.
I hope I have been able to reassure you of our commitment to deliver a safe project and keep you updated. If you have any further questions, please let me know.
Dan Edwards, Stakeholder and Community Manager